The Glockenspiel. The building was a former market hall and tax house with bread and meat stalls on the ground floor. It was built in about 1420 as a solely half-timbered building with classical examples of the characteristic half-timbered constructions of the "Swabian Man". From 1586 to 1589 it was renovated by Heinrich Schickhardt on the north side in the style of the Renaissance and a small bell-tower was added (carillon daily at 8am, 12 noon, 3,6 and 7.30pm). Astronomical clock from 1592, movable figures (eagle, the goddesses of Justice and Temperance and figures of the planets) and the carillon (20th C.). The Citizens' Hall ("Bürgersaal") and the Renaissance entrance hall on the second floor are worth seeing.
In 2002 the restoration work on the Town Hall, which lasted many years, was completed. The beautiful Renaissance façade shines with new splendour and also the carillon - a popular tourist attraction - once more plays regularly.